Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
There are unbelievable places in the world and the Salt Flat in Bolivia is a breathtaking place. It is mesmerizing to see the reflection of the sky reach the horizon like heaven on earth. If you want to visit the Salar de Uyuni we recommend a few things:
- Bring rain boots or shoes you don’t mind throwing away, the salt and the water will ruin good shoes.
- Bring warm clothes, it might look like a hot place but in some parts the temperature is low.
- The average temperature is 10°C and the lowest can be -15°C.
- The best time to visit the salt flat is rainy season which is from January to March.
- You can reach the salt flat from La Paz by bus and plane.
- It will take you 12 hours by bus to reach the salt flat.
- It is better if you hire a tourist guide who can explain the place.
- If you get a tour be sure the company is reliable and with good recommendations.
- Try to take fun pictures using different perspectives on your camera.
- On some tours you can get in the hot springs, so don’t forget your swim suit.
If you have traveled to a place in South America share your experience in the next Special Activity and if you haven’t, tell us which places you would like to visit.
- What’s the feature that impressed you the most about the salt flat?
Welcome to this activity. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.