Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
In The Elves and The Shoemaker a poor shoemaker prepares his last piece of leather to work on before turning in for bed. In the morning, he is amazed to find the shoes already made. Selling these to a grateful customer, his financial obligations are met and he is able to buy enough leather for two more pairs. When these are completed overnight in a similar fashion he stays awake to solve the mystery. Learning that a team of naked elves are responsible for the fine shoes, the shoemaker and his wife create tiny clothes for the elves to thank them. A popular tale that has been adapted many times for film and TV.Source.
- Elves: Plural of Elf. Mythological and Legendary characters.
- Shoemaker: A person who creates and repairs shoes.
- Leather: Animal skin treated in order to preserve it, and used to make shoes, bags, clothes, etc.
- Overnight: To do or make something for or during the night.
- Tale: A story, especially one that might be invented or difficult to believe.
Keep interested in improving your reading skills in order to learn new vocabulary and to enhance your fluency and intonation.
- How many stories of Christmas do you know or you have heard?
Welcome to this activity created by Senior Advisor Mr. Felipe Sierra Baltazar from Coapa Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.