Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
gifts and expressing how much we love our families. We prepare a special dinner and decorate our houses with a Christmas tree, figures and with Christmas rose. In this tale written by Lizzie Deas we can read how was the origin of the famous Christmas rose. It begins in one cold December night, when the baby Jesus was born the three wise men came to meet him. They bought three valuable gifts; myrrh, frankincense and gold. Outside the stable there was a shepherdess, she wanted to see the baby, but she was poor and she did not have anything to give to the baby. She started to cry and an angel saw her. The angel helps her with a little miracle. The angel changes her tears into flowers so she can give them to the baby as a presentSource
- Myrrh: It is a natural gum or resin. It’s been used as perfume or incense.
- Frankincense: It’s similar to the Myrrh. It’s a natural gum or resin.
- Miracle: It is an event that sometimes is considered as a work of God.
- Shepherdess: People who work with animals. Female shepherd.
- Stable: A building in which domestic animals are sheltered and fed.
Try to follow the context of the text. Don’t translate everything you don’t understand.
- What’s your favorite Christmas tale? Why?
Welcome to this activity created by Learning Advisor Ms. Joseline Michelle Alpizar Pàez from Santa Fe Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.