Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Electronic music has increased its popularity during the last decades and it seems that is one of the most demanded means for musical production nowdays. Electronic music employs electronic musical instruments, digital instruments and circuitry-based music technology. In general, one distinction could be made between sound produced using electromechanical means (electroacoustic music), and sound produced using electronics only.
Electromechanical instruments include mechanical elements, such as strings, hammers, and so on, and electric elements, such as magnetic pickups, power amplifiers and loudspeakers. Examples of electromechanical sound producing devices include the telharmonium, Hammond organ, and the electric guitar, which are typically made loud enough for performers and audiences to hear with an instrument amplifier and speaker cabinet. Pure electronic instruments do not have vibrating strings, hammers, or other sound-producing mechanisms. Devices such as the theremin, synthesizer, and computer can produce electronic sounds.
- Turntable: A circular revolving plate supporting a phonograph record as it is played.
- Disc Jockey: A person who introduces and plays recorded popular music, especially on radio or at a disco.
- Synthesizer: It’s an electronic musical instrument that generates audio signals that may be converted to sound. Synthesizers may imitate traditional musical instruments such as piano, flute, vocals, or natural sounds such as ocean waves; or generate novel electronic timbres.
- Amplifier: It’s an electronic device that converts the electronic signal of a musical instrument into a larger electronic signal to feed to a loudspeaker.
You can inquire about electronic music artists and compare each other to figure out the reasons why they acquired popularity and the methods in which they based on to produce their music.
- What could be the differences between electronic music and other music genders?
Welcome to this activity created by Junior Advisor Mr. Adrián Ibarra Guillén from Satelite Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.