Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
This holiday season is where you can have so much fun playing a game, is a fun and easy way for a group of friends, family members or co-workers to exchange gifts. There are some basic steps that you need to follow:
-All of the participants’ names are placed into a hat or similar container, and mixed up. Each person then chooses one name from the box, but doesn’t tell anyone which name was picked. He/she is now responsible for buying a gift for the person selected.
– You also can make a wish list including the gifts you want on a piece of paper.
-Set a price limit. The price limit is set so that some people don´t try to be cheap and get away with purchasing a gift for a few bills, while others try to overachieve and purchase very expensive gifts.
-When the Secret Santa wraps his/her gift, he/she should label it with the recipient’s name but doesn’t indicate whom the present is from. (Remember, most of the fun is in the secrecy.)
-All the gifts are then placed in a general area for opening at a designated time. When the gift-giving time arrives, each recipient finds his/her gift and must guess who their Secret Santa is. If they can’t guess, their Secret Santa eventually confesses.
- Exchange: An act of giving one thing and receiving another (especially of the same type or value) in return.
- Designated: Appoint (someone) to a specified position.
- Label: A small piece of paper, fabric, plastic, or similar material attached to an object and giving information about it.
- Wraps: Cover or enclose (someone or something) in paper or soft material.
Practice this vocabulary and read Christmas cards.
- Do you know another Christmas game? What is it about?
Welcome to this activity created by Team Leader Mr. Luis Mauricio Hajj Garnica from Coapa Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.