Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Do you know why we celebrate Christmas? Christmas Day is the anniversary of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, a spiritual leader whose guidance form the basis of their religion. Christmas is the most celebrate holiday in the world. Popular customs include exchanging gifts, decorating houses with hundreds of Christmas lights, attending church, decorating Christmas trees, sharing meals with family and friends and, of course, waiting for Santa Claus to arrive.
These is the dearest holiday of millions of people, many of families get-together and have reunions where they share divergent kinds of dinners and desserts. Some of these famous dinners are the Romeritos recipe, Cod recipe, Christmas Eve Salad Recipe and the hot tamales recipe, we can find many of delicious recipes, in this juncture we are going to learn how to prepared the Roasted Pork Leg Recipe
The ingredients are: 1 x 3kg higher-welfare leg of pork, 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon white peppercorns, 6 fresh bay leaves, extra virgin olive oil, 6 onions, ½ a bunch of fresh sage, ½ a bunch of fresh rosemary, 30 g plain flour, 1 big bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, 1-2 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat the oven to full whack.
- Score the pork leg with a sharp knife in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bash the coriander seeds, peppercorns and 2 teaspoons of sea salt until fine in a pestle and mortar. Add the bay leaves and bash again, then muddle in a lug of oil to form a loose paste.
- Rub the paste all over the pork, making sure you get it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Peel and halve the onions, scatter into a large roasting tray and place the scored pork on top.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until you have a lovely crisp crackling, then turn the oven down to 170°C/325ºF/gas 3. Slow-cook the leg for 3.5 hours, or until the meat is easily pulled apart.
- When the time’s up, pick and dress the sage and rosemary leaves with oil and scatter them over the pork. Pop it back into the oven and cook until the herbs are crispy.
- Remove the leg to board, cover with tin foil and allow to rest while you make the gravy.
- Place the roasting tray on the hob over a medium heat, add the flour and stir it into the juices so you get a sticky paste. Slowly add a little water until you have a lovely rich sauce.
- Pour the contents of the tray into a jug or bowl and blitz to a sauce with a stick blender. Return to the pan, pick, finely chop and add the parsley, along with the mustard and stir well. Season to perfection
- Serve the roast pork with the sauce.
Explain your favorite Christmas dinner and why?
- Do you prefer to buy your Christmas dinner or would you like to cook in house? Why?
Welcome to this activity created by Learning Advisor Mr. Jonathan Hennes from Satelite Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.