Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Ginataang Manol is a Filipine style coconut chicken curry flavored with fresh ginger and other spices. Filipino chicken curry is a little different compared to our Asian neighbors. Technically it doesn´t really use a curry powder mix but simply rely on ginger, perhaps some turmeric for flavor. Bell peppers are incorporated for flavor and color, but if people want to make it more traditionally, they can use green unripe papaya instead of sweet potatoes or sweet peppers. Now, let´s talk about some interesting facts about the Philippine cuisine:
- Sweet and Sour Flavor Profile in Filipino Cuisine.
- Pork dominates the Filipino cuisine.
- No knives, just a spoon or fork to enjoy in the Philippines.
- Everything at once, no course menus.
- Dinning takes place in the malls.
- Filipino cuisine wouldn´t be complete without merienda.
- No culture of lingering over meals.
- Food in the Philippines isn´t vegetarian friendly.
- Food in the Philippines is influenced by multiple cultures.
At the end of the day, we can say that the food from the Philippines is full of contrasts. People will also discover that the quality of the food depends a lot on the cook. Today the Filipino cuisine continues to evolve based on Western and American influences.Source.
Prepare easy Philippine dishes from an recipe in English.
- Have you eaten a dish like this?
Welcome to this activity created by Junior Advisor Ms. Maria José Elizalde Davila and Learning Advisor Ms. Xochitl Alinne Reyna Cruz from Satelite Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.