Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Pelé was born on 23 October 1940, in Três Corações, Minas Gerais, Brazil, the son of Fluminense footballer Dondinho (born João Ramos do Nascimento) and Celeste Arantes. He was the elder of two siblings. Pelé is one of the most lauded players in history and is frequently ranked the best player ever. Among his contemporaries, Dutch star Johan Cruyff stated; «Pelé was the only footballer who surpassed the boundaries of logic. Brazil’s 1970 FIFA World Cup-winning captain Carlos Alberto Torres opined; «His great secret was improvisation. Those things he did were in one moment. He had an extraordinary perception of the game. Tostão, his strike partner at the 1970 World Cup; «Pelé was the greatest – he was simply flawless.»
- Assistant Referee: In football, one of the two officials who help the referee to make decisions during a game.
- Flag: A piece of cloth, usually rectangular and attached to a pole at one edge, that has a pattern that shows it represents a country or a group, or has a particular meaning.
- Handball: A game similar to football, played by hitting a ball with your hands instead of your feet.
- Offside: In particular sports, especially football and hockey) in a position that is not allowed by the rules of the game, often in front of the ball.
Try to read 10 minutes a day in English.
- Why Pele is considered one the best football players in history?
Welcome to this activity created by Senior Advisor Ms. Violeta Trujillo Villegas from Santa Fe Branch. Read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.