Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
We as a human are the most endangerous species to end with the ecosystems and natural habitat of many animals, talking about felling of trees, hunting and traffic of wild animals.
It’s the case of the Northern White Rhino, functionally extinct on March 19th, 2018. The last male Northern White Rhino died on 19 March 2018. This gentle rhino was euthanised due to a degenerative illness coupled with age-related complications.
The main threats that drove the Northern White Rhino to extinction are: Poaching for the international trade in rhino horn. Civil wars in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Sudan.
Both threats are caused by human, there are endangerous species around the world, we must be aware that these acts cause an imbalance in the environment and therefore in our well-being, we can help by denouncing illegal sale of these products, or simply without buying them.
Harassing wildlife is cruel and illegal, let’s don’t promote this situation anymore in our world, and take care of the environment.
- Hunting: Chasingand killing an animal or bird for food, sport, or profit.
- Illness: A diseaseof the body or mind.
- Horn: A hard, pointed, often curvedpart that grows from the top of the head of some animals, or the hard substance of which a horn is made.
- Harassing: To continue to annoy or upset someone over a period of time.
- Environment: The natural world, as a whole or in a particular geographical area, especially as affected by human activity.
Search in your country endangered species and the ways you can help to end this problem. Write the plan down.
- What animal or plant species do you know of that are endangered or extinct?
Welcome to this activity created by Learning Advisor Ms. Sandra Haide Vargas Tapia from Santa Fe Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.