Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Guitarist Carl Perkins wrote and had a 1956 hit with the song «Blue Suede Shoes.» He also helped pioneer the rockabilly music genre. The first single was «Movie Magg.» However, it was his rockabilly «Blue Suede Shoes» that became a monster hit. The song reached No. 2 on both the pop and R&B charts and was a No. 1 country hit.
Deemed the «Father of Rockabilly,» Perkins was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987. During the last decade of his life, Perkins battled a string of health problems, and died ar the age of 65, on January 19. 1998.
Jerry Lee Lewis
Jerry Lee Lewis is a piano-playing rock ‘n roll pioneer famous for his high energy stage presence and controversial life. He began playing the piano at age 9, copying the styles of preachers and black musicians. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986. Lewis also worked on some recording sessions with Carl Perkins. In 1957, Lewis became a star with his unique piano-driven sound. «Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On» became a hit on the pop, country and R&B charts. Collaborator Kristofferson told USA Today that Lewis is «one of the best American voices ever.»
- Pioneer: A person who is one of the first people to do something.
- Deemed: To consider or judge something in a particular way.
- Preacher: a person, usually a priest or minister, who gives a religious speech.
- Inducted: to introduce someone formally or with a special ceremony to an organization or group, or to beliefs or ideas.
Whenever you have to make a comparison between two people, read everything you can about each one of them so the opinion you give is based in true facts.
- Which are the specific characteristics that will tell us in all certainty, which person or item is better than other?
Welcome to this activity created by Team Leader Ms. María de los Ángeles Zimbrón Ortiz from Polanco Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.