Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Around the world there’re different types of cuisines, but a really small population in the world knows about Mongolian cuisine. Mostly known for being one of the biggest and powerful empires of the world, the Mongols created different dishes with exotic ingredients, since they were nomads.
The Guriltai Shul – The Mongolian soupy noodles are a traditional Mongol dish that is composed of these exotic ingredients for those times: salt, pepper, pork muttons, vegetables, yaks milk and the most important ingredient NOODLES!
For that kind of people that are moving from place to place over and over again, this kind of dish was extremely delicious and healthy.
- Mutton: the meatfrom an adult sheep eaten as food.
- Noodles: a strip, ring, or tube of pasta or a similar dough, typically made with egg and usually eaten with a sauce or in a soup.
- Cuisine: A style or quality of cooking; cookery.
- Yak: It’s a big animal with horns and hooves that’s native to Central Asia.
To have a better explanation of our texts you have to understand the meaning of the key words of the text that are highlighted in pink. You can click on the words to learn its meaning.
- What’s the main type of meat that Mongols use in the dish?
Welcome to this activity created by Junior Advisor Mr. Daniel Ruiz Arana from Coapa Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.