Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Christmas is a season to give and receive, talking about love, hope, wishes but also, we have the gifts, it’s a hard season to spend too much money, that’s why here are some little ideas to give to your friends or family, first of all we need to be familiarized with the meaning of DIY.
DIY is the activity of making or repairing things yourself, especially in your home. DIY is an abbreviation for ‘do-it-yourself’.
So, check your house, because you can do many handcrafts with materials that you have, even you can recycle some things that you consider are trash like:
- Roll of toilet paper
Let’s imagine all the possible combinations that we can do, like a Christmas tree or to create new ornaments for your tree, and talking about gifts you can make a photo album like in the photo, only using a incomplete card game, and the memories are forever; or what about to put in a bottle many phrases when your friend is in different mood like “Read this when you feel happy/sad/angry with me, etc.” and there write suggestion, motivational phrases or a memory together.Let your imagination fly, a gift doesn’t need to be very expensive or very extravagant, remember that is better give than receive, enjoy this season with the people you love.
And remember, Santa Claus is coming to town.
- Hope: A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
- Wishes: Feel or express a strong desire or hope for something that is not easily attainable; want something that cannot or probably will not happen.
- Handcrafts: Make skillfully by hand.
- Trash: Rubbish waste material or things that are no longer wanted or needed.
- Paperboard: A relatively stiff, heavy material, thicker than paper, made from paper pulp.
Assist to your special activities in your branch to learn some ideas to gift in Workshop, don’t miss it.
- Do you already know what gift for Christmas to your friends and family?
Welcome to this activity created by Learning Advisor Ms. Sandra Haide Vargas Tapia from Santa Fe Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.