Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Piñatas are popular as a game-like activity at special events and birthday parties. If you need some ideas about how to make your piñatas at home, there are a couple of different techniques you can consider using.
WHAT´S A PIÑATA?
A piñata is a container filled with candies and small toys. It is usually decorated to be bright and colorful, and it is made in a variety of shapes and sizes. You can hang it from a tree branch or other high place. One at a time, participants are blindfolded, spun around a few times, and then they swing a stick or bat at the piñata trying to break it open so the candy and toys inside spill out When the piñata is open broken, everyone scrambles to as many goodies as possible.
Here are the steps to create the best piñata:
- Choose a shape for your piñata.
- Protect your work area.
- Make the paper mache paste.
- Prepare your paper strips.
- Inflate a balloon.
- Apply the paper mache paste to your paper strips.
- Apply the paper mache to the balloon.
- Let the piñata dry.
- Paint the piñata.
- Glue crepe paper to the piñata.
- Add finishing touches.
- Cut a hole for the candy.
- Make the hole bigger if needed.
- Punch two small holes around the main hole.
- Put the goodies in.
- Cover the hole.
- Hang the piñata.
- HAVE FUN!
- Blindfolded: Someone who is deprived of sight with a piece of cloth around the head in order to cover the eyes.
- Spun Around: To turn (someone or something) around quickly.
- Spill out: To fall, flow or run over the edge of a container or to cause something to fall.
- Scrambles: Make one´s way quickly over round ground by using one´s hands as well as one´s feet.
- Goodies: Something attractive or desirable.
Try to create your own piñata adding your own style.
- Do you know what do the 7 pikes of the piñata mean?
Welcome to this activity created by Team Leader in Charge Mr. Juan Guadalupe Vaca Pérez from Satelite Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.