Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
Bangkok, Thailand is a cacophony of sights and sounds that handsomely rewards urban explorers willing to get a little lost in the city. Filled with non-stop action, grit, character, and some of the best cheap eats in the world, T+L’s Bangkok travel guide won’t steer you wrong.
This is a frenetic jigsaw puzzle of towering skyscrapers, colorful taxicabs, motorcycle taxis, and busy pedestrians. When you visit Bangkok you discover what this diverse city—an amalgamation of old and new—has to offer. It may be a busy metropolis, but at dawn you can see Buddhist monks clad in yellow robes filling the streets. Like the rest of Thailand, there’s a lot of negotiation and bartering: haggling at markets is the norm, and a language of its own. Come here and you’ll find a wide range of activities to amuse yourself, from the historical and religious to shopping, galleries, and spas.
- Cacophony: A harsh, discordant mixture of sounds.
- Filled: put someone or something into (a space or container) so that it is completely or almost completely full.
- Skyscraper: A very tall building of many stories
- Monk: A member of a religious community of men typically living under vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
Keeping a diary allows you to utilize all of your English skills that you’ve been practicing with reading, listening and grammar. As a bonus, you can go back over your entries and grade yourself, noting where you can improve more.
- How exciting do you think this city might be if we visit it?
Welcome to this activity created by Learning Advisor Mr. Esau Arriaga Figueroa from Narvarte Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.