Learnex, English Forever ¡Aprende Inglés para Siempre!
GAZPROM is a global Energy Company focused on geological exploration, production, transportation, storage, processing and sales of gas, gas condensate and soil, sales of gas as a vehicle fuel, as well as generation and marketing of heat and electric power.
Gazprom views its mission as ensuring a reliable, efficient and balanced supply of natural gas, other energy resources and their derivatives to customers.
Gazprom strategic goal is to establish itself as a leader among global energy companies by diversifying sales markets, ensuring reliable supplies, improving operating efficiency and fulfilling its scientific and technical potential.
Gazprom holds the world´s largest natural gas reserves. The company´s share in the global and Russian gas reserves amounts to 17 and 72 per cent respectively. Gazprom accounts for 11 and 66 per cent of the global and national gas output correspondingly. At present, the company is actively implementing large scale gas development projects in the Yamal Peninsula, the Artic Shelf, Eastern Siberia and the Russian Far East, as well as a number of hydrocarbon exploration and production projects abroad.
Gazprom is a reliable supplier of gas to Russian and foreign customers. The company owns the world´s largest gas transmission system with a total length of 171.4 thousand kilometers. Gazprom sells more than half of its gas to Russian consumers and exports gas to more than countries within and beyond the former Soviet Union.
- Storage: To store something for future use.
- Soil: The upper layer of Earth in which plants grow, a black or dark brown material typically consisting of a mixture of organic remains.
- Fuel: Material such as coal, gas, or oil that is burned to produce heat or power.
- Ensuring: Make certain that something will occur.
- Fulfilling: Making someone satisfied or happy because of fully developing their character or abilities.
- Amounts: A quantity of something.
When learning new vocabulary, try to understand not only the word itself, but also the context to get a better understanding.
- What are the similarities and differences between PEMEX and GAZPROM?
Welcome to this activity created by Junior Advisor Mr. Julio Cesar Dias Barron Jeannie Nieto from Satelite Branch. Take note of all the pink words, read the text, watch the video and answer the question in the comment section below.